Who doesn’t love a barbecue on a hot summer’s day? Having the ability to whip up some burgers, vegetables, and chicken in the comfort of your own garden is a dream, but you don’t have to break the bank in order to get your hands on the perfect grill for the job.
- Your purchase includes One Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill in Black color
- Grill dimensions: Lid Open - 57"H x 48"W x 26"D. Lid Closed - 44.5"H x 48"W x 27"D. Each cooking grate is 10.16” x 17.5", for a combined measurement of approximately 20.32" x 17.5"
- Propane gas grill works with Standard 20 lb LP tank.
- Features: Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates, porcelain-enameled lid, iGrill 3 compatible (accessory sold separately), Built-in lid thermometer, Fold-down left side table, Open cart design, Fuel gauge, Stainless steel heat deflector, Panel frame
- Two burner grill is built to fit small spaces, and packed with features such as the powerful GS4 grilling system
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
The Weber Spirit II E-210 has lots of features to make grilling for a big party a snap. It has a grilling area of 360 square inches, meaning means it can cook 10 to 15 burgers at the same time. There’s more than enough space to prepare meals for a large group. It has Weber’s patented GS4 grilling technology, which incorporates powerful burners, infinite ignition, Flavorizer bars, and a grease management system. There are also an additional two side tables that assist in providing additional storage space, as do six tool hooks for spatulas, tongs, and grill brushes.
- High Quality – the materials that this grill is made from make it very durable and stable
- Lots Of Space For Grilling – the big grilling space is perfect for parties or families
- Price – the price of this grill is not more than $500 but sits very close to the top of this budget
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 14.5H x 27W x 16.5D inches
- Push-button ignition and infinite control burner valve settings. Fuel type - Liquid Petroleum Gas (disposable cartridge sold separately)
- Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz. LP cylinder (sold separately). Grill must be preheated with burner on high for 10 to 15 minutes
You can tell straight away when you take this grill out of the packaging that the manufacturing quality is superb, as with most Weber items, and it should stay that way for many years. What makes this distinguishable from other barbecues is the exceptional performance. While not as strong as full-size barbecues, the single 8,500 BTU burner produces enough heat to please even the most discriminating grill master. The porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates have consistent heat distribution, and excellent heat retention, and are simple to clean. When your dinner is done, the detachable catch pan allows for easy cleanup. The Weber Q1000 is a great option for those looking for a smaller grill as it is ideal for traveling with.
- Easy To Assemble – you only have to take it out of the box, and it is pretty much ready to be used
- Lightweight – this grill weighs less than 30 pounds, meaning you can take it on camping trips, etc.
- Features – there are fewer features included in this grill than in other grills
- ★60,000 BTUs Cooking Power--Four main burners and one side burner with total 60,000 BTUs deliver powerful heat and great grilling experience
- ★Large Cooking Area-- 683 square inches of total cooking area offers plenty of grilling space; 473 square inches of primary cooking area and 210 square inches of warming rack area
- ★Large Storage Cabinet-- Easy to store your LP tank, while also offering sufficient space for grilling accessories
- ★LED LIGHTS-- LED Control Knobs for increased visibility at night, adding incredible ambiance to your overall cooking experience
- ★Electronic Ignition-- Electronic ignition system for easy burner starts
- ★Stainless Steel Flame Tamers-- Stainless flame tamers insure even heat delivering great flavors
This Monument Grill comes with a side burner and a side sear burner, as well as 72,000 BTUs of unrivaled cooking power. The four stainless steel burners deliver exceptional performance. This grill has a large cooking area and can easily cook for a large group. This grill has two additional side burners which is a great asset for grills within this price range as well as a sear burner that is great for searing steaks and other meats that have to be cooked at a high temperature. The pristine porcelain-coated cast-iron grates produce fantastic grill markings on your food, which we felt not only made the food tasty but also visually appealing.
- Big Grilling Space – leaves lots of room for food which is great for feeding a lot of people
- Consistent Temperature – the heat is evenly distributed throughout the grilling area, cooking everything at the same temperature
- Hard To Put Together – the assembly is trickier than a lot of other gas grills which can be frustrating
- 425 square inches of primary cooking space over porcelain-coated cast iron grates which offer superior heat retention and rust resistance. Also features a 130 square inch swing-away warming rack ideal for sides and buns
- Exclusive stainless-steel finish for increased style and durability; simplified design with standardized hardware for quick and easy assembly; cart design offers convenient LP tank storage capabilities
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable burner startups at the push of a button; Porcelain-coated grease pan can be removed for easy cleaning; Chef's Delite accessory tray included for greater grilling versatility
- Powered by propane, (LP), gas, the stainless steel burners emit flames from the top to allow for even heat and cooking; 10,000 BTU lidded side burner is ideal for preparing sides and sauces. When not in use, lid folds down to protect the burner and offers incremental work or prep space
- Assembled dimensions: 50.3-inches wide x 45.4-inches high x 20.1 inches deep.
Grease drippings are easy to remove since the steel is non-stick. Furthermore, the shelves are wear-resistant, so there’s no need to worry about them rusting or burning. Keep in mind that the grill is designed especially for indoor usage. It is not weatherproof and is harmed in the wind and rain.
- Easy To Assemble – you only have to take it out of the box and make minor adjustments before grilling
- Very Sturdy – having a grill that is sturdy is very important especially if there are young children running around
- Not Waterproof – unfortunately this grill is not waterproof, so you cannot grill in all weather
- 4 burners at 12,000BTU each
- Total primary BTU is 48,000
- Side burner is 12,000BTU
- Total BTU is 60,000
- 461 primary cooking area is Square inches
When we tested this grill, we found that cleaning the cooking grates was as simple as wiping them with a sponge or a soft brush. The grease is collected in a tray, making cleaning the grill a breeze. The grates are 7 mm stainless steel and are installed above the main burners. They are robust, with stainless-steel heat tents that protect the burners. We adore the storage room positioned directly beneath the cooking surface on this barbecue. It includes two cabinet-style doors, plenty of room for utensils and other kitchen necessities, and a pull-out tray for the gas tank.
- Affordable – considering the quality of the grill, you get good value for money
- Big Cooking Area – you can fit a lot of food on the 507 square-inch grilling space
- Takes A Long Time To Assemble – it could take you a couple of hours to get this grill put together properly
- PREMIUM LIQUID PROPANE GAS GRILL - 40,800 BTU 3 Burner Gas BBQ Grill with a 12,000 BTU side burner makes grilling exceptional barbecue at home easy
- CONSISTENT AND EVEN HEAT - Three burners with independent control knobs deliver continuous and balanced heat across the grilling area
- LARGE COOKING AREA - 630 square inch total cooking area delivers great taste and bbq flavor: 438 sq in grilling area and a 192 sq in warming rack
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION - Made from tubular steel and built to last, this heavy-duty barbeque grill features dual smoke stacks for better ventilation and a stainless steel bbq thermometer
- BARBECUE GRILL FEATURES - Thick porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates for maximum heat retention, warming rack, large wheels for easy portability, and side workstation with barbeque tool set storage hooks
- STYLISH DESIGN - Char-Griller's unique barrel-style black gas grill with smokestacks is a welcome addition to any backyard
- EASY TO CLEAN - Quickly clean-up after your backyard barbecue using the removable grease cup
- EASY TO USE - Electronic igniters for each burner insure your gas propane grill starts easily with the push of a button
- GAS GRILL ACCESSORIES - Pairs with the Char-Griller 3055 3 Burner Outdoor Gas Grill Cover and 9305 BBQ Grill Grate Scraper
- DIMENSIONS - 48"L x 28"W x 48"H, 88 lbs
To summarize, we felt that the Char-Griller E3001 is a bit tricky to operate. You must discover through experience as you use it more which foods cook best at which temperatures. However, once you’ve mastered it, you’ll find it to be extremely convenient and dependable.
- Comes With Extra Parts – if some parts break or get worn down, you can replace them with the extra parts
- Long Warranty – the warranty lasts for 10 years
- Cooldown Time – it takes the grill a long time to cool down
There are a few things that you will have to think about when looking for a gas grill within your $500 budget. You do not have to settle for a grill that barely works or is held together with wobbly screws so do not be afraid to put them to the test with this buyer’s guide.
Burner Number And BTUs
The capacity of a gas grill to achieve temperatures high enough to sear that perfect char on burgers and steaks is directly linked to the amount of heat it can produce. The heat output of gas grills, like that of gas heaters, is measured in BTUs (British Thermal Units) produced by each of its burners. A gas barbecue with four 10,000-BTU burners generates 40,000 BTUs in total. The more BTUs required to evenly heat the grill cooking surface, the bigger the grill cooking surface.
A decent gas grill should generate about 80 and 100 BTUs per square inch as a rule of thumb. A gas grill with 450 square inches of cooking area, for example, should have enough burners to create 36,000 to 40,000 BTUs of heat. A sear burner, which produces 15,000 BTUs, is included in certain gas grills to provide the high temperature necessary to develop a lovely brown crust on the meat.
Natural gas or propane is used to power gas barbecues. There are very few truly natural gas grills under $500, as the grills that generally use this fuel source are high-end specially designed grills. Most $500 gas grills operate on liquid propane, which is available in 20-pound fuel tanks or 1-pound canisters for tiny, portable units. With an additional conversion kit, certain propane gas grills under $500 may be converted to natural gas grills. Some dual-fuel propane gas grills may also be used to cook with wood or charcoal.
Size And Grilling Area
When buying a barbecue, the size is mostly the first thing that comes to mind. A huge grill can cook a lot of food at once and has prep room on its side tables, but it also takes up a lot of space on a deck, patio, or balcony. The mobility of a grill is, of course, determined by its size. Grill size is often specified by the cooking surface, which is measured in square inches.
Grills under $500 are available in a variety of sizes, ranging from compact units with around 250 square inches of cooking area to big flat-top grills with at least 700 square inches of grilling surface. A mid-tier grill with 400 square inches of grilling space is around 4 feet long, while versions with 600 square inches are closer to 5 feet long.
The build quality of a grill influences how long it will survive, and the $500 models are in the low- to mid-tier range. At this budget tier, a grill’s body is typically composed of folded sheet metal with some plastic pieces. Though not as long-lasting as the solid, all-metal components used in more costly grills, it’s nonetheless of good quality. The majority of grills in this price category have enamel coatings rather than costlier all-stainless-steel finishes, while a few stainless-steel versions are available for less than $500.
The grate is usually the first part of the grill to show signs of wear and tear before the rest of the equipment and can be expensive to repair, the material of the grill’s grate is an essential issue. The grate material for the finest gas grills under $500 is porcelain-coated iron, which retains heat well while preventing corrosion.
Porcelain-coated grates, on the other hand, rust over time as the protective layer wears off, and the iron core is exposed to moisture and air in the environment. Warming grates made of stainless steel are standard on most barbecues.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Clean a Gas Grill?
Much of the job may be done using good scrapers, particularly while the grill is still hot. Use one to clean the grates as well as the interior of the lid. After that, go to the heating components, using a plastic scraper to remove any dirt from the burners or heat deflectors and a wire brush to scrub the burners. Brush all the material into the drip tray underneath after scraping.
Finally, clean the grill with a paper towel or moist cloth. You should make it a practice to clean the grates after each grilling session, whether you’re using a gas or charcoal grill. Grease and fat, along with crumbs, collect on the grates when they are not cleaned and are a major source of flare-ups. It’s also a good idea to give your grill a thorough cleaning at the start of each season to ensure it operates safely and effectively.
How Do I Properly Light A Gas Grill?
Begin by ensuring that the propane tank is connected with the valve open for gas grills. Then, with the lid open, set one burner to high and then push the grills to ignite or auto-light button. After you’ve lighted the first burner, you can easily ignite the remaining two or three and control their heat. A chimney starter, which removes the need for lighter fluid, is the simplest and perhaps safest way to ignite a charcoal barbecue. Put a chimney starter on top of the grills, shove a few crumpled newspaper pieces into the bottom of the chimney starter, and load the top with natural lump charcoal. Ignite the newspaper and wait 20 to 30 minutes for the coals to heat up before gently putting them into the base of the barbecue.
What’s The Best Way To Avoid Flare-Ups?
Flare-ups are bursts of flames caused by fat drippings. They are not to be mistaken for grease fires, which do not go out fast or easily. While not entirely preventable, there are a few things you can do to help reduce flare-ups to a minimum, beginning with keeping grill grates nice and clean to clear away debris and oil buildup. You may also cook fatty meals with the lid open, cut the fat off meats, and reduce the quantity of cooking oil used on the grates. If a flare-up doesn’t go away on its own, transfer the food to a different part of the grill away from the flame.
Another reason to utilize zone cooking is to have the choice of using direct or indirect heat. If you’re using a gas grill, another option is to turn the heat down or completely off. Because fire requires oxygen to grow, covering the grill will also contribute to putting the flame out. Don’t be alarmed if a severe flare-up or grease fire occurs. The most essential thing is that you understand how to regulate it so that it does not go out of hand. Remember that using salt or baking soda instead of water is the safer approach to putting out a fire.
We have developed a list of the finest gas grills under $500 for you based on extensive research. Any of the grills on our list will provide you with years of pleasure. There are various alternatives to select from according to your demands, but we hope that our research will help you discover one in this price range.